Fact Sheet (PDF)
One of the paramount responsibilities of government is to provide for public safety. Consequences of wildfire include loss of life, property damage, impacts on ecosystems, etc. and lay at the heart of several communities’ concern with wildfire and the Public Utilities Commission (PUC) needs to be sure to take these into consideration when developing future standards.
Senate Bill 1463 instructs PUC on best use of fire hazard information in developing future heightened utility fire mitigation standards for at-risk communities throughout the state.
- OC Register: Governor vetoes utility undergrounding bill as Laguna Beach seeks ways to bury cables to prevent fires
- Daily Pilot: Gov. Brown vetoes Moorlach's wildfire-risk bill
- TurnTo23.com: Governor Jerry Brown vetoes SB 1463, Senator Moorlach releases statement of disappointment
- City of Laguna Beach: Governor Vetoes SB 1463; City to Press on with Utility Undergrounding Efforts
- Topix: Orange County: Gov. Brown vetoes SB 1463
- City of Laguna Beach: SB 1463 Utility Undergrounding Legislation
- Governor Brown Vetoes Critical Wildfire Safety Bill
- Laguna Beach Indy: Bill Would Aid Fire Protection
- Coastline Pilot: Laguna hopes bill aimed at reducing wildfires sparked by utility wires will encourage undergrounding